Corned Beef Spaghetti is easy to make, tasty, and budget-friendly, too! Made of corned beef and a sweet-style sauce, this Filipino pasta dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Canned corned beef is a pantry staple in my house. When my favorite brand goes on sale, I make sure to stock up a few cans to use in my home cooking.
Not only is it relatively inexpensive, it’s also easy to prepare. Other than the regular ginisa with onions and potatoes, there are so many delicious meals the potted meat can be used such as in bread, sinigang soups, frittatas, and pasta sauces.
Unlike my Filipino-style spaghetti which requires a more extensive list of ingredients (yes, hot dogs!) and little longer cook time (need to simmer all those flavors together!), this corned beef spaghetti version pulls together with just a handful of ingredients and in less than twenty minutes.
- For best texture, use chunky corned beef. My preferred brands are Ox & Palm and Purefoods.
- The recipe uses packaged Filipino sweet-style spaghetti sauce, but feel free to make it from scratch using tomato sauce and banana ketchup if you like.
- Boost the texture and nutrients by adding veggies to the sauce such as chopped bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Give it a smoky layer of flavor with hot dogs, bacon, or ham.
This Filipino-style spaghetti with corned beef is hearty and delicious as a midday snack or main dish. Serve with a side of tossed salad and garlic bread for a hearty meal.
- It’s best to store the meat sauce and noodles in separate containers as pastas tend to absorb a lot of the sauce and turn mushy.
- Transfer to airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up 2 months.
- To reheat, submerge the frozen spaghetti in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes and heat the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until internal temperature reads 165 F. Alternatively, drop the noodles directly into the simmering sauce and cook until the desired temperature is reached.
Corned Beef Spaghetti
Filipino-style spaghetti with corned beef and sweet-style sauce. It’s hearty, tasty, and sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned beef
- 2 cups sweet-style spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup quick melt cheese, shredded
In a pot over medium heat, cook spaghetti according to package directions for about 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
In a saucepot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
Add corned beef and break into pieces with the back of a spoon.
Add spaghetti sauce and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, transfer spaghetti onto a serving platter, spoon sauce over pasta, and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve hot.